Monday, April 25, 2016

My Small Adventure: Birthday Getaway

My Birthday was literally a month ago on March 25th so this is a very late post.

I had gotten some bad news and instead of letting it ruin my birthday, I decided to give it a one-finger salute and enjoy my weekend anyway.  One of my dear friends has a birthday a couple weeks after mine and she wanted to do something spontaneous.  Well, she went bought a ticket to Miami, FL but that wasn't enough.  She went on Snapchat and asked if anyone wanted to hit up Austin during Easter weekend.  I was midway through my California trip and realized my fiance would be in California while I would be at home, *alone during my birthday, so I took her up on her offer and texted her "ME!"

She picked me up early Saturday, after I texted her, "Where you at" and she said, "Damn just woke up.  Be there ASAP"  Everyone has their strengths, but waking up before 7 isn't hers.

One hour later, she's at my apartment gate and three hours later, we're at McKinney Falls State Park.


This trip is especially different compared to my other Austin trips because this is the first time I didn't go to get drunk and party.  We went for the nature, for the hikes, for the experiences. I only packed sneakers and gym clothes this time.  I mean we hiked for like 10 miles that day.  I literally started to wheeze.


Romy my Homie


Ok... I'm not gonna lie I did pack one nice outfit but no heels!  I mean what else do you wear when you hit up Rainey Street for some Detroit-style pizza.


I also wore this *nice outfit to grab one bloody mary and check out the view from the Oasis that looks over Lake Travis.



The next day was just the same, except this time we went to check out the most famous *pool in Texas.  Hamilton Pool in Dripping Springs, TX.  If you've never heard of Hamilton Pool, put it on your bucket list.  It's seriously one of the most gorgeous swimming preserves.  *To be fair, this is the first one I've been to.




I've never seen such beautiful scenery, the water was so blue and bright, the greenery was so... green. Now some tips for your Hamilton Pool trip.

  1. Show up early!  They don't open til 9:00 a.m., but seriously, they only let a few people in at a time, and then you can either wait until someone leaves (60-70 min), or you should just go back to your hotel pool and order some room service.
  2. Wear some sort of hiking outfit, including shoes, because it's about a quarter mile of a walk down to the actual pool.
  3. Take some snacks and water, we left early because we wanted some barbecue, but I really wish I would've brought some honey buns or something.
  4. Bring a blanket to sit on because it's gravel, not sand, and that shit does not feel good on your bum.  
  5. Lastly, call beforehand, I've heard about there being some bacteria build up especially after it rains.  I'm not sure, something about some asshole shitting in the pool.
  6. Oh and no cell service, so save your Snapchats if you want them to upload to your story after you leave.
This was my most recent Small Adventure, I'm not sure where I'll be heading to next, but I'm hoping it will be back to San Clemente, California to see my fiance.


Here's a video to some up my Hamilton Pool experience.


No comments: